The habits you build today impact your quality of life. Similarly, the decisions you make now impact what happens down the road. This is why you need to be taking action in line with your short- and long-term personal and professional goals. This process lets you become the best version of yourself.
Choose among these suggestions to build more effective habits that elevate your personal and professional success.
Improve Your Time Management
Find ways to increase your efficiency and get more work done.
- Use productivity tools to stay organized while reducing distractions.
- Plan and prepare for the following day before leaving the office. Block the last half hour of your day to set yourself up for a successful tomorrow!
- Do the work/task that you find the hardest or dislike the most first.
- Schedule your priority activities during your most productive hours.
- Turn off your phone and email notifications when you are focused on a project or deadline
- Focus on one activity until it is completed, then move to another.
- Set reasonable deadlines with flexibility for things that come up.
Monitor Your Diet
Pay attention to the foods you eat and the times you consume them.
- Include protein and whole grains in your daily breakfast to enhance your metabolism and concentration.
- Drink at least 8 tall glasses of water each day.
- Limit the amount of processed food you eat.
- Substitute fresh berries and whipped cream for sugary desserts.
- If you eat while watching television, choose healthy foods such as carrots and dip. Otherwise, you are likely to zone out, feel less full, and increase the number of calories you consume.
- Food eaten later at night often causes spikes in blood sugar. Plan to eat treats earlier in the day to avoid interference with your sleep.
Take Regular Breaks
Leave your workspace at set intervals so you can rest your mind. This helps you elevate your creativity and stay on task for longer periods of time.
- Get some fresh air to increase your productivity.
- Eat a high-protein snack to elevate your energy level.
- Meditate, read, or listen to relaxing music to boost your brain function.
Maintain at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day to lose weight or stay at a healthy weight.
- Stand at your desk, pace while on the phone and schedule walking meetings if you can.
- This can be broken up into 5- or 10-minute intervals if needed.
- Activities may include walking, yoga, or a gym workout. Whatever you like to do and can build into a habit.
- Use a pedometer to track your progress in taking at least 10,000 steps per day.
Celebrate Your Successes
Recognize and reward yourself for creating and sustaining healthier habits.
- Choose low-cost rewards that do not include food.
- Maintain a positive attitude as you work toward your goals.
- Get back on course when you realize you are straying.
- Be compassionate when you experience setbacks.
- Continue to move forward to your goal.
Are You Ready for a Job Change?
Creating and sustaining healthier habits now impacts your quality of life. The more effectively you maintain and monitor your time, eating habits, and activity levels and celebrate your successes, the happier and more fulfilled you will feel.
When you are ready to move to a new accounting and finance role in Winnipeg, be sure to involve Mercer Bradley in your search. Here is a link to our job board.